The Career Development Center reserves the right to change career fair policies, procedures, and rates as needed.
Mark your calendars for our Fall and Winter Career Fairs!
Fall Career Fairs
Tuesday October 17th, 2017
Tuesday, January 30th, 2018
Date: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
Location: Brown Gym
Check-In and Meals
1) Check in between 8am and 9:30am.
2) Check in is located on the north side of Brown Gym.
3) Lunch and breakfast are included in the registration fee
4) Breakfast will be available after checking-in
5) Lunch will be available in a tent adjacent to the gym from 12pm to 1pm.
Reminder: The event ends promptly at 2pm.
Wi-Fi is available in Brown Gym. You will be given the password when you check-in.
Table Set Up and Display Guidelines
Space is quite limited inside our gym. In an effort to accommodate as many employers as possible so that our students have the best chance for an opportunity, we ask that you do not bring any oversized displays. Your booth space will have one 6ft table with a slight space between your table and the one next to you. All displays must fit within the 6ft width of your table (either on the table or behind the table).
Please note that your booth will only have electricity if you requested it when you registered and paid the $75 fee. Otherwise, no electricity will be available. Due to safety concerns, we cannot allow you to run your own extension cord from your booth to a wall outlet.
*Please see an example of acceptable displays here*
Shipping Materials to Caltech
- Many companies bring promotional items, in addition to company literature. Please plan on bringing enough for 300 people.
- Your packages should be marked with your company name and mailed to:
Caltech Winter Career Fair
Attn: <YOUR COMPANY NAME>
391 S. Holliston Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91125
- If your company uses a third-party shipping company, please ensure that your materials and display booth are marked clearly with your company name.
- Please schedule your packages to be delivered the week of January 22nd. Your boxes should arrive no earlier than Monday, January 22nd and no later than Friday, January 26th.
- Your materials will be placed at your table the morning of the event.
- Note: Each table is 6 feet wide. This event is indoors, but please do not hang displays on the walls.
Shipping Materials from Caltech
- Please bring completed return shipping slips, with your account information, for all of your packages. We recommend using FedEx or UPS service. Sealed and properly addressed packages will be handled by Caltech Shipping & Receiving staff.
- We suggest you also bring other packing supplies, such as tape, scissors, markers, etc.
- Note: The Career Development Center will not be held responsible for packing any company materials, nor will we pay for shipping and handling.
Loading & Unloading Zone
The loading and unloading area for packages and passengers will be located on the east side of Brown Gym. Please refer to the campus map.
- For this event, parking will be allowed only in the underground Caltech parking structure next to Brown Gym. Refer to the campus map.
- A volunteer will be distributing an all-day parking pass as you drive into the structure.
- Place your pass on your dashboard.
- Park your car only in an unnamed space. Avoid reserved spaces for carpools, handicapped, loading, students, or temporary parking.
- If handicapped parking is needed, cars displaying handicapped placards can park in any designated handicapped spot on campus.
- A parking pass for each representative in included in the registration fee.
Map and Directions
We provide this list of accommodations for your convenience. As a matter of policy, Caltech does not promote or endorse any of the hotels, nor have we made any special arrangements with the establishments listed.
Advertising in the Fall Career Fair Handbook
Advertising in the Fall Career Fair Handbook helps your company establish name recognition differentiate itself from others in attendance.
If you would like to post an ad, contact:
College Recruitment Media, Inc.
Phone: (812) 335-1260
Advertising in the California Tech
The California Tech, our student newspaper, is an additional source for advertising. If you plan to place an ad, please email email@example.com directly.
Cancellation, No-Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation Policy: Any cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the date listed in your confirmation email. Full refunds will be issued by check.
No-Show policy: Career Fair "no-shows" are not entitled to transfers or refunds at any time. No-shows forfeit their entire registration fee and materials, and are not eligible to roll the registration package over to another event. To avoid being considered a no-show, please email email@example.com and cancel no later than the date specified in your confirmation email.
If you have any questions about this information, feel free to contact us at (626) 395-6361 or firstname.lastname@example.org.